Tuesday 13 November 2012

Pippi's Piece - Fantastic Apple Almond Cake

A friend recently gave me this recipe.   It has to be the EASIEST recipe EVER!  Here is the recipe as she gave it to me.  I am unsure of where she found it, or whether ithas been passed down through her family - so sorry for not giving any sources.



APPLE ALMOND CAKE

2 cups sugar
2 cups self raising flour
2 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 tbs vanilla essence
4 apples peeled and sliced/diced
1 cup sliced almonds

Combine/mix in bowl in the above listed order.
  Place in well greased bundt pan.  Bake 180 degrees for 1 hour or as long as it takes. 
Can use combination of apple and pear. 

 I didn't have any apples, so I threw in some tinned peaches instead.  It stayed moist for days and was absolutely delicious!!!! 

Thanks Ana!.


Today I have attempted a Gluten Free version.  I omitted the vanilla essence, and used Gluten Free Self raising flour.  The cake looks just as delicious

I can't wait to try it tonight.  I will sprinkle it with icing sugar before serving.  It is so moist you don't need to serve with cream, but you can if you like.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment